I’ve been trying to decide which smart watch is the best fit for me and will it pair well with my smart phone(s). It’s nice to be able to get notifications and track your fitness right from your wrist. I personally wouldn’t utilize the fitness features as much as I would use the calendar, email, phone, social media and text alerts. I’m a work in progress when it comes to my fitness. So, I have chosen five smart watches that I’ve had my eye on and will compare the features with hopes that I’ll see which one will work best for me. I also have multiple phones (work & personal) with Android, iOS and Windows Operating Systems. I want to be able to use my watch and be productive. It will definitely be an extension of my phone that I usually have in a purse, backpack or computer bag!
1. Vibe Band VB10 – I love the sleek look of the Lenovo Vibe Band VB10 with it’s curved display. It comes in a few color options. You can get phone alerts, SMS, fitness tracking and social media notifications. Up to 7 days of battery life, phone finding feature and meets IPX7 Waterproofing standards. 1.43 E Ink Display. Qualcom Dragon 410 processor. Works on Android 4.4 KitKat and above. ** I need this in the U.S. ** (Available in select countries) Price Point: $89 US Dollars
2. Motorola Moto 360 – The Moto 360 has a classic look with a few different leather & metal band styles to choose from. You can receive alerts and notifications on your wrist. I love the voice response feature in case your hands are tied up you can say a demand and you can still get things done at the sound of your voice. It also has a built in activity tracker that you can use to assist you in meeting your fitness goals. powered by Android. Price Point: $299.00 US Dollars
3. Microsoft Band – The one thing I must say I love about the Microsoft Band is Cortana. So, it’s a bonus if you have a Windows Phone. Cortana is only available with Windows Phone latest 8.1 update. You can track your heart rate 24/7, get alerts & notifications. Connect to an iPhone, Android or Windows Phone 8.1. Check incoming calls, read text messages and stay connected to social media. You can also personalize and customize your full-color touch screen. Love this! Price Point: $199.99 US Dollars
4. Samsung Gear 2 – Compatible with select Samsung devices. You have your fitness tracking, Bluetooth 4.0 + LE interface allowing you to wirelessly sync data to your compatible Samsung phone or tablet. 1.0GHz dual-core processor. 4GB of internal memory, 2.0MP camera and Bluetooth call feature. You’re able to get your alert and notifications. It has a dust and water resistant design and lithium-ion battery lasting 2-3 days with regular use and up to 6 days with low usage. Price Point: $299.00
5. LG – G – This smart watch is compatible with most devices with an Android operating system 4.3 or later. 4.0 Bluetooth technology , voice activation, powered by Android Wear. Receive mobile notifications on a 2.2″ touch screen LCD with a built in pedometer. It has a dual watch display, adjustable silicone band, 4GB internal memory, 1.2GHz Qualcomm processor and built-in rechargeable lithium-polymer battery (400 mAh) giving you up to 2 days of standby time or 28 hours of use on a full charge. It charges by USB. Price Point: $299.99
There are so any wearable tech options to choose from and I just listed the five I’ve had my eye on. What would be your deal breaker? Functionality, style or productivity? I need to make a decision and quickly. Which smart watch was appealing to you? I guess I’ll be back eventually once I make a decision to give you the real deal.