Disclosure: Ripleys gave me complimentary tickets to visit in exchange for an honest review. All opinions expressed are 100% honest and completely my own. **Affiliate links are within this post. ** #Ripleys
I recently had the opportunity to visit Ripleys Believe it or Not! Odditorium in Orlando, Florida. I was in town for the BlogHer Conference, so I made it a family affair and decided to explore Orlando. Therefore we wanted to experience all it had to offer while we were in town. Iâ€™ve wanted to visit a Ripleys location for a while. Because I live in North Carolina, the closest location to me is in Myrtle Beach, South Carolina. I love learning about cool facts, strange things and the shock of whether something is believable or not. Here are our TOP TEN moments as a result of visiting Ripleys.
- I absolutely loved the Buddha that greeted us at the entrance to Ripleys Believe it or Not Odditorium. Itâ€™s made from over 3 million macerated US Dollars. Yes, I rubbed the Buddhaâ€™s belly! I need all that good luck!
- The interactive exhibits were very cool! I even got spooked when going to reach for what I thought was a jewel, only to see that it was an illusion and a puff of air made me jump.
- There are so many educational facts; you can easily turn this trip into a learning experience. I home-school my youngest son so, I turn a lot of our ventures into lessons.
- The Rolling Your Tongue exhibit was really fun. Only a few people are able to roll their tongue. I tried and wasnâ€™t successful. It looks really easy but, when you try it the outcome isnâ€™t the same.
- I was intrigued by the Wax Hands shop where you can get a mold of your hand(s) in almost any pose by submerging your hands in hot wax and then cooling it. The process is pretty quick!
- There was a Mercedes Car made completely out of wood! It was gorgeous. I would totally drive it. My maternal grandfather was a master wood carver and he created beautiful pieces. I immediately thought about him and my mom when I saw the car.
- There was a cool picture of Beyonce made with Candy. It was very realistic looking and sweet, no pun intended. There was also a picture of an Avatar made of colorized sugar. It was amazing!
- The lopsided room was a fun room to go through. I lost my balance the entire time. It was so weird that you think you can just walk through but, you canâ€™t without feeling like youâ€™re going to fall down.
- I really enjoyed creating my own Ripleys Believe it or Not Custom Comic Book and emailing it to myself. I picked out the cover and fun facts that were interesting to me. It was in my email inbox instantly!
- There are so many more exhibits I want to share like the spinning room that you have to walk through, wax exhibits of people like the lizard man and standing next to the tallest man in the world! Head over to Ripleys Believe it or Not and get the full experience.
Overall we had an amazing time! Ripleys is great for all ages. I have a twenty one year old, nineteen year old, seventeen year old and nine year old. They all enjoyed it! I had a blast myself! Ticket & Pricing Information: Adult (12 & up) $19.99, Child (3-11) $13.99, Collection Book $2.00 You SAVE a few dollars when you purchase your tickets online. Online Pricing: Adult (12 & up) $17.99, Child (3-11) $12.99 Visit the Ripleys Believe it or Not! website for more information and to find a location near you.