Disclosure: This shop has been compensated by Collective Bias, Inc. and its advertiser. All opinions are mine alone. #Back2SchoolStockUp #CollectiveBias
I recently went to my local Sam’s Club to stock up on some of my families favorite Kellogg’s products. It was great to see that Sam’s Club is exclusively offering a code to redeem two free full-length Scholastic books on select boxes of Kellogg’s products. The Kellogg’s boxes are specially marked and one box equals two FREE Scholastic books. You can keep one book and Sam’s Club will donate the other to a pre-selected, local school in need. I thought it would be fun to let my seven year old choose the book he wants and donate the others we redeem to his school and another local elementary school in need.
Some of our favorite Kellogg’s products are Frosted Flakes, Apple Jacks and Pop Tarts. I was able to sample the Chocolatey Lovers S’mores pop tart at the in store demo and loved it. I had to get a box! In case you didn’t know… I LOVE S’mores! By the way… I’ve been eating Apple Jacks, Frosted Flakes & Froot Loops since I was a child so it’s no surprise that my kids like them too. Milk & Cereal go fast in our household so I like to buy multiple Sam’s Club Packs of cereal and at least 2 Gallons of milk when I shop. My kids eat a delicious bowl of cereal EVERY morning and sometimes after school as a snack.
My children go to traditional calendar schools and their first day back to school is scheduled for August 24, 2015. I think it would be great to donate books and snacks to my youngest sons elementary school or another local elementary school in need. This is great timing since the school year is just beginning and the Scholastic Books can take up to eight weeks to arrive. There is also the option to choose e-books this year. Spanish titles are also available. The redemption process is pretty easy and I’ll share the steps with you in a brief tutorial. The website is very user friendly, even my seven year old was able to navigate the site with my assistance.
I really like that e-books are available this year because many kids are tech savvy and have mobile devices that they are on frequently. My son doesn’t have any e-books on his iPad but, I’d like to see how he would like it vs. reading a real book. He asked to redeem an e-book. Many schools are also incorporating computers and iPads in the classroom as part of the curriculum. This can be beneficial for children who don’t have access to a computer or mobile device at home. Consumers can also redeem up to thirty books. I bought a couple of products so I’ll redeem both e-books and real books.
Book Redemption Tutorial:
◦ Buy any one of 13 specially marked Kellogg’s products at Sam’s Club
◦ Go to redeem your FREE book here.
◦ Click on “ENTER CODE NOW”
◦ Click on “GET STARTED” to redeem without signing into Kellogg’s Family Rewards OR click “LOG IN” to redeem through your Kellogg’s Family Rewards account
◦ Enter the address where you’d like your book to be mailed
◦ Enter the 16 digit code found inside your package
◦ On the “Thanks” page, click “redeem page” to go to the book redemption page
◦ Click on “ORDER NOW” to browse through the selection of over 80 books
◦ Click on the book you’d like to order
◦ Click on “Add to Cart”
◦ Review your order on the Shopping Cart page
◦ Click on “Continue to checkout”
◦ Check the point deduction authorization statement
◦ Click on “Continue to checkout” again
◦ Review your contact info for accuracy
◦ Click on “Place my order”
◦ You’re done! And now your book will arrive in the mail in no more than 8 weeks!
Find A In Store Demo Near You: “Check out this list of Sam’s Clubs with demos to find one near you on 8/22/15 and 8/23/15!” It’s a great feeling to be able to gift your child a book and support your community at the same time with a donation.
Invitation to shop: “Bring this invitation printed out to the Member Services Desk at your local Sam’s Club for a pass to shop for the day. A 10% service fee applies on all non-member purchases when shopping with this One-Day Pass (not applicable in CA, SC or Elmsford, NY). The 10% service fee does not apply if the non-member decides to join the Club at the time of purchase.”