1. I was able to seamlessly sync my Google Home – White/slate Fabric voice activated speaker up to my Lenovo Phab 2 Pro mobile phone (Android OS) and download the Google Home App.
2. You can easily get the attention of your Google Home by saying “Ok Google” OR “Hey Google” and it will respond ready to fulfill your request.
3. Enjoy listening to music by simply asking Google to play music by a certain artist or a specific genre. Link to Google Play Music, Pandora, YouTube Red (6 mos. FREE), tunein and Spotify.
4. Get information like the weather forecast before you leave home so you can dress accordingly or prepare for changes in the weather.
5. Access your Google Calendar by asking Google what you have on your itinerary for the day. Keep up with scheduled events, reminders and set alarms.
6. Create shopping lists, get directions and ask any type of question that you would like answered. Ex: Ask about the traffic pattern for your commute, nearby locations and then some…
7. Having Chromecast built in allows you to cast from compatible audio apps to Google Home. Also, cast photos on your phone to your television screen or a movie playing on Netflix.
8. The speaker is a high excursion speaker allowing it to deliver a clear high and rich bass for HiFi sound. You also have far-field voice recognition to support hands free use.
9. Enjoy the benefits of making your house a smart home by linking compatible smart home products to turn on and off your lights, cameras, motion sensors or entertainment on your TV.
10. Easy access to the Google Store to shop for accessories like the interchangeable base for Google Home. I’m looking at Violet! Also shop phones, tablets, Chromebooks, Android Wear, Virtual Reality & Connected Home.
Side Note: If you have multiple Android devices (in the same room), keep in mind… they will ALL answer to you when you say “Ok Google”. I find that the Google Home will cancel out the other devices and they will recognize another device has answered. Ex: Moto 360, Lenovo Phab 2 Pro & Google Home.