This has truly been a hectic holiday season with the family. There have been numerous shopping trips, shuttling kids to their destinations and staying on task with projects. I spent a few hours in the kitchen on Christmas Eve and Christmas Day preparing our holiday desserts and dinner. We made Chocolate Chip Holiday Cookies, Bourbon Balls, Tres Leches Cake & Deep Fried Oreos. Those were our desserts of choice. We roasted a whole Chicken and made homemade macaroni & cheese, rice, gravy and corn for dinner.
Outside of Christmas Dinner I didn’t want to spend long hours in the kitchen preparing our meals. I wanted to enjoy the time I have with my family while we’re all together. My plan was to have a day of relaxation with my loves while we enjoyed our gifts which mostly consisted of tech devices that we can use on our own or as a family. My family gift was the XBOX One 1T Video Game Console Battlefield 1 Bundle. We like to play video games and watch movies. Family Movie & Game Night is a weekly affair.
I’m NOT huge on cold cuts or subs. I will eat a warm sandwich like a meatball marinara or chicken Parmesan sub. I’ve honestly NEVER made sandwiches for dinner. I guess there is a first time for everything because I decided to make Chicken Parmesan Subs for dinner. Traditional Chicken Parmesan is one of my favorite pasta dishes. Making the subs seemed to be quick enough to do within 45 minutes. You know what?!!?! It was so delicious. I don’t know why I hadn’t done this sooner!
I used Sanderson Farms Boneless Skinless Thinly Sliced Chicken Breast Fillets in this recipe.
Prep Time: 10 minutes Cooking Time: Thirty Minutes Servings: 4-8 people
• Sanderson Farms Boneless Skinless Thinly Sliced Chicken Breast Fillets (2 packs)
• ½ teaspoon seasoning salt
• ¼ tsp ground black pepper
• 1 cup Italian Bread Crumbs
• ½ cup Shredded Italian (5) Cheeses
• Prepared Marinara Sauce
• Sub Rolls (White or Wheat)
• Vegetable Oil
1. Stove Top Pan Pre-Heat on Med-Hi Heat (add your veggie oil)
2. Season Chicken with seasoning salt and black pepper
3. Have bread crumbs in a small bowl
4. Dip chicken in bread crumb mixture
5. Place chicken in frying pan
6. Repeat with remaining chicken breast fillets
7. Cook on Med-Hi heat for 10 minutes. Flipping the chicken on each side.
8. Remove chicken from pan and place in Baking Pan
9. Top with marinara sauce and Italian cheese
10. Bake in oven on 350 degrees for at least 5-10 minutes.
11. Put your sub together by placing some marinara sauce and chicken breast fillet in your sub.
Visit the Sanderson Farms Chicken website for cooking tips, recipe ideas or to find a store location near you. Explore what chicken products and information are available. See some of the frequently asked questions and even ask your own. You’ll learn how to safely handle chicken and learn the Sanderson Farm philosophy along with core values and history of the company. You also support your local Farmers! That’s such an amazing thing to be able to do.
What’s your quick go-to chicken recipe that will get you in and out of the kitchen in a flash?
Disclosure: I am a Brand Ambassador for Sanderson Farms Chicken Products. All opinions are 100% honest and completely my own.